Book an appointment with licensed immigration consultant, Ala Moayeri

Immigration requirements change regularly, so please visit the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) website at for the most up-to-date information.

Visitor's Visa

Depending on your country of origin, international students who wish to study in Canada for up to six months may need a Visitor's Visa. You can check the list of countries and territories whose citizens require visas to enter Canada as visitors here.

Study Permit

If you plan to enter Canada for short-term study, you are not required to apply for a Study Permit, as long as the program you take is for a period of six months or less and will be completed within the period authorized upon entry (i.e. up to 6 months). An extension of your Visitor’s Visa for the purpose of completing this short-term program is unlikely to be granted.

If you plan to continue your studies in Canada upon completion of the program, Citizenship and Immigration Canada recommends you apply for a Study Permit and not a Visitor’s Visa.

For studies lasting longer than 6 months, you must apply for a Study Permit. You can work off campus (up to 20 hours) and full-time (40 hours per week) during scheduled academic breaks without a Work Permit as long as you meet all of these requirements:

Be sure to include Toronto School of Management's DLI* number when applying for your study permit - O131394510557

If you have registered for a program that includes a co-op, we suggest applying for a Co-op Work Permit at the time of filling out your Study Permit application.

*DLI: Designated Learning Institution

Guide to apply for your Study Permit

With more than 7 years of experience in the education sector, Ala Moayeri is currently Toronto School of Management's in-house immigration consultant. He is a registered and licensed member of the ICCRC (Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council) in good standing and a proud member of Canadian Association Of Professional Immigration Consultants.

Ala Moayeri ICCRC member (#R532525) is ready to advise TSOM students in their immigration matters.